hlw Keeble Hawson LLP ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller is hlw Keeble Hawson LLP of Old Cathedral Vicarage, St James’ Row, Sheffield, S1 1XA.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Pat Doughty.
Information we May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hlwkeeblehawson.co.uk (our site).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to owners of the site.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser setting to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of our site.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or by email.
If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you are a new client we will seek your consent before we market our services to you electronically.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please notify us by post, email or telephone on 0114 276 5555 (asking to speak to the Data Controller, currently Pat Doughty, email@example.com or hlw Keeble Hawson LLP, Old Cathedral Vicarage, St James’ Row, Sheffield S1 1XA, marked for the attention of the Data Controller.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If hlw Keeble Hawson LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at hlw Keeble Hawson LLP, Old Cathedral Vicarage, St James’ Row, Sheffield S1 1XA or firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO The Data Controller.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.